Tuesday, June 30, 2009

so...

...i kind of am bored. i know, i'm not supposed to talk about that, but i really am bored. i was thinking about the happiness of summer and i realized that i haven't seen my friends since the day school let out and some of them i have been (according to Anne of Green Gables) "aching to see." i know that's sort of odd, but i have some pretty great friends that i only get to see during the school year. it's sorta funny that the friends i can easily see aren't the ones i've been wanting to see these past few days. maybe i shouldn't think about it. what am i whining for? i don't have school, i can hang out with my sisters as often as i want, but there is still that void of the people you don't see 24/7. maybe we can all go to the beach some day like we said we would but haven't done. i think the only reason why i haven't taken initiative in calling my friends is because i'm afraid of my dad's "eye-roll" he always gives me when i want to hang out with my friends. i don't know why he does it and i don't know why it bothers m so much. i don't hang out with my buddies as often now and it makes me sad. what's wrong with going to the movies with jacquie or going to the beach with julie and katie-maybe a few other buddies? i know it sounds like an exaggeration, but my dad really does roll his eyes whenever i ask to hang out with friends. maybe he doesn't mean to do it. i'm sure sometimes he's only teasing me, but what about all of the other times. he does his "i'll have to think about it" line too. that doesn't bother me as much because that way just have to wait patiently for his decision and he doesn't stare at me. oh well...perhaps it's just as well. if i don't hang out with my friends i don't mind so much because i still have my sisters. still, it's nice to have that little bit of...freedom? is that a good word?

1 comment:

ANNwithanE said...

i'm glad you don't see your friends because that means you see me. is that selfish? ;)