Sunday, October 11, 2009

"oh the places [i]'ll go"

WOW!!! things have been so hectic with school, homework, band, drama, DRAMA...and everything! my life is like one big ball that won't stop rolling! not that that's a bad thing. i like it when things just keep going and going-i feel like i have purpose and it keeps me out of trouble...for a while. at least i don't have a job. can you imagine? my life would be too cluttered.

the reason i bring this up is because on friday, i began to apply for college. what a huge step in my life that is!!! i suddenly have to be an adult and make a decision that will decide the outcome of the rest of my life-nothing trivial like which pair of shoes am i going to wear today? it is really frustrating because people are always telling me where i should go, and then others are telling me that i should do what i want. adding that to the every-day stress of life (not that i have much) can be a little discouraging. i'll admit, sometimes i like talking about myself and my future. it's exciting, but also, it's a little sad. for some reason, the thought that in the very near future i will be leaving covina, upsets me. not that covina is the most amazing place in the world, but it has been my life for the past sixteen (almost seventeen!) years. leaving my life behind is something i can hardly wrap my head around. how on earth does one do that? answer: not easily, but when one is so motivated to create the best future for themselves, their past doesn't get to them and they make themselves successful during the present. i am determined to make that my reasoning for where i go and what i do with my life. i won't let anyone stop me...even if they are influential people in my life. and as Dr. Seuss says, "o, the places [i]'ll go" if i stick to that determination. i am a little afraid for that "waiting place" where i have to figure out what to do next, but if i take baby steps one-at-a-time, i think i'll be alright. so here's to the rest of my life...for better or worse.

p.s. in case you are wondering, i still have hardly any clue where i am actually going to apply/go for college!

3 comments:

Brittany Holman said...

just research the schools and figure our which one you'll like best. good luck in figuring it out. (this is a JOKE, so laugh at the end) you can always just apply to BYU. have fun trying to figure it out. it may seem like a lot to think about but you'll find the right place for you. love ya.

lo-lo holman said...

thanks for th support, britt!

ANNwithanE said...

everything will work out. no matter how many "waiting places" you find yourself in throughout life. no worries...