Friday, October 30, 2009

the best day of my life!!!

so today, I turned 17 YEARS OLD! that is so crazy right? one more year and i'll be legal. i don't want to be 18 though. that means i have to be an adult and i kind of like not having any real responsibilities. but it's not the age or the fact that it's my birthday that makes it the best day of my life. it's how great averyone is to me because it's my birthday!

well, first off, it was friday and the day before halloween which means that everyone dressed up in their halloween costumes. i was a last-minute nerd (though some would argue that then it wouldn't really be halloween for me). so i came to school a little mad because we were late for zero period, but when i got my drum on and headed on the field, the whole drumline wished me "happy birthday", so i felt better. then at lunch, I got to jam-out some music with one of my buddies and i ate some great humus (not really: gag me!) but it was all great. then there was a football game, which we totally killed the other team, and i got to perform during half-time with the rest of the band. during the third quarter the band sang me happy birthday (not so pretty, but i still loved it) and then the cheerleaders shouted "happy birthday, lauren!" to me which i don't think they normally do. so all in all, it was the best day of my life!!!

No comments: